Well, this sounds too simple already, so why do we need a blog post about it?
While working in PPC for several years, the most common issue that we have encountered with is granting access to accounts and accepting the invitations. Of course, for someone who’s been using AdWords for not the first time this should be a simple task, though this is usually confusing for clients, so here is a simple guide which hopefully will ease the process.
- First of all, you’ll need to provide your AdWords client ID number to your marketing agency. In the old version of AdWords UI, you will find your client ID number in the right top corner, next to the “gear” and “bell” icons. For those who are using the new UI, your client ID number is displayed in the left-hand menu, just below the Google AdWords logo.
- After you provided the client ID number to your marketing agency, they’ll have to invite you to their MCC account.
- When using the old UI, press on “Accounts” tab in the top menu and click on a red “+Account” button, from the drop-down menu select “Link existing accounts”. After you’ll be taken to a new window, which asks you to enter customer ID number, when you type in the ID, click continue and invitation will be sent to your client.
- For those who are using the new AdWords UI, sign in to your manager’s account, and on the second left-hand menu select “Accounts”. Then, from top menu choose “Management” tab and click on a blue+ button. From the drop-down menu, click on “Link existing account”. In the new window enter your client’s ID number and click “Send Invitation”.
- The only step left is granting access to MCC account. Usually, AdWords support should send you an email through which you can approve and grant the access that was requested, though the best way to do that is directly from your AdWords account.
- Old UI: log into your AdWords account and on the right side menu press the gear icon, and from the drop-down menu select “Account access”. When a new window opens up, from the left menu click on “Account access” button and here you’ll see the request for accessing your account. Approve access by pressing “Accept request” button.
- For new AdWords UI: Log into your AdWords account, and in the top right menu, select tree dots icon and then click on “Account access”. You’ll be taken to a new window, here from top menu select “Managers” tab and you’ll see the access request which is waiting for your approval. You can “Accept” or “Decline” the request.
- And that’s it. Now your account is linked to your advertising agency’s MCC account!